Friday 15 April 2016

A red bird and a coconut

Narrator of this story was my preschool going granddaughter...

A Bird.. a B-i-g Red Bird and a coconut was her story. My granddaughter possesses very strong imaginary power. She thinks the whole world is for her and so everybody should care for her and she also feels and cares for everyone. She will often mix her colourful imagination and interrelate herself with birds, plants, animals and weave an interesting story.

Last summer all of us went for a holiday to a very calm and peaceful place called Langkawi in Kedah district of Malaysia. It was an island, much secluded island.. rich with vegetation grown in tranquillity surrounded by a calm vast tropical turquoise sea. The long white sandy beaches were lined by many coconut trees with flowers and fruits on. The beauty of the island was just like a  shy young woman with attractive youthfulness. We stayed at wooden beach front chalets in a very peaceful holiday resort. Red brick paths snaked through the gardens, pools, lakes and enclave of chalets. 

One afternoon I was very tired and resting in my chalet. Then my granddaughter
Story of Red Bird and Coconuts
stepped into my room with her tiny toddler feet. She walked up to my bedside. Then I noticed a small green coconut in her hand. With her tiny little palms she was holding the fruit to her chest very affectionately. The size of the fruit was a little bigger than a tennis ball.

Surprisingly I asked her what was there in her hand. To my astonishment without any hesitation and time spending she answered, "Grandma you know? There... 'oooh.. there' it was lying under the tree. There were two of these.. one very big and this one".
Keeping the coconut on my bed she tried to explain the size. Then she continued "But very neear to the fallen fruits a big red bird was sitting under the tree. As I walked to the coconut the bird said, 'Little Girl! do not take the big coconut, if you like you can take the small one. I would not mind'. So I collected this one and bring for you, Nina" lovingly she told.

I was amused and asked what bird was that. If it was a crow. With her eyes big and bright she answered confidently, 'No, that was big red bird'.

The story is very small , but explanation with her expression was very interesting.My grand daughter lives in her own world with lots of beautiful imaginations..

No comments:

Post a Comment