Saturday 9 April 2016

Waiting

Yes, I knew her..

I met her quite a number of times. Sometimes with reasons and sometimes without. We met and spoken with each other several times. A beautiful woman she was. Neither too tall nor too short, brown complexioned, big poetic eyes and long black curly hair. She was not a paragon of beauty but was attractive. Modest was her attire and soothing was her behaviour. She was passing her days and I was mine. The clock was moving its own way. I was busy and nothing mentionable happened for long time..                                      

One day I saw her going from pharmacy to pharmacy. Out of curiosity and courtesy I asked her what good medicine brought her here from long twenty five miles from her home. Sadly she answered "An injection". I did not go into any further query.

After few days I came to know that beauty is suffering from cancer. The dreadful disease was grasping all her energy, devouring her beauty and slowly killing her. I had chance to visit her. Lowly paid the woman... let us call her Latika, she had a very artistic mind. Every nook and corner of her house carried the impression of her sense of beauty. I knew as a cancer patient she is progressing to the land of no return. But I could not think that it will happen so quickly and her end will  be so pathetic..

At her death bed Latika was waiting for her husband, who used to work far away from Latika. She waited for quite a long time. She was waiting and she was waiting. Her thumb keep on counting.. one hour.. two hour..

The train her husband was travelling on was not coming yet..

With her thumb in  counting she expired.. Started her journey to the other world. Still she is counting, and waiting for her beloved husband.. one hour.. two hour.. when the train will reach!!!

Woman on death bed
{{PD-1923}} | Copyright: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/deed.en

No comments:

Post a Comment