Saturday 9 April 2016

Tree Whispers



a gentle walk amongst the trees and whispers
Plants talk.. I swear plant can talk..

Not only the plant itself, also the leaves and flowers do talk. It only takes one to be attentive and a good listener to hear their magical whispers.

They whisper and they talk with each other in gentle murmuring. They have their own language that a good listener can translate..


Spanish Cherry Tree
A giant Spanish Cherry Tree
I first listened whispering of flowers during my elementary school age when I had an obsession of flower collection. I loved to stay with the nature. Everyday on my way back to home from school I used to visit a tree... ..a big tree ..namely "Bokul tree". In  English people would call it "Spanish Cherry" bearing the scientific name Mimusops elongi. It was a big canopy tree.. like a monster. Actually under the tree the body of a pious man was laid in great tranquility and peace, under its cool solemn shadow.

Spanish Cherry Flower
Spanish Cherry Flower
In those early days of my life I was
chased by obsession.. I used to collect  those cherry flowers, keep them on the table or place them in between the pages of my school text books. I heard the whispering of flowers under this tree for the first time. While collecting the flowers they called me "Hey.. come.. we are here". Then another call I could hear "I am behind you.." and another low voice..  "Please, do not forget me, I'm just near your step".

I had a friendship with them. You may ask about the voice. I promise it is neither the voice of a man nor a woman, that of neither a boy nor a little girl. It was something soft, clear, soothing but loud enough to unmistakably pickup.

Through out my life I had these types of conversations with plants, trees, vines and even grasses! So many times they spoken with me, and there are so many memories I have! But least I want to elaborate to let you loose your patience..

You just take a walk to the trees with an open heart and try listen to the plants whisper! ..I'm sure with the perfect love for nature you also would..

No comments:

Post a Comment