Tuesday 19 April 2016

The Little Girl and The King

I was saturated in a novel. Then my beloved affectionate granddaughter walked in who recently turned to three and half years old. She just woke up from her siesta. Having the door shut behind she crawled up my bed and coiled into my lap. I asked her if she had a good nap. She answered positively. I asked ,'Did you have a dream while you were in sleep?' She shook her head sideways. I showed my interest in listening to the story. With a sad expression she said, 'I saw a king .. a 'bad' king and I went to his palace, I just played; I did nothing but yet he scolded me'.

Naturally I felt very sad for her and wanted to say some comforting words.
Story of the little girl and the king
Before that I happened to have asked her if she did any damage or plucked flowers or leaves from the king's garden. Confidently she replied in negative.

To ease her and to bring back her heavenly smiles I told that I would definitely talk and scold the king that night in my dream. A bright sunshine elongated on her face and my granddaughter looked very happy and de-stressed.

The story could have been finished here but rather here's a little extension regarding child psychology.

Since my heatlh is not good in my late age, soon after above conversation I had to retreat back to my overseas home for a respite. And later I sent a letter to my granddaughter narrating my visit with the king:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: 'Hey! king, why you scolded my granddaughter.?'King: 'Who is your granddaughter?'
Me: ' ..Strange! You should know her. She is the beautiful loveable child living beside your palace

The King went silent and I reiterated 'You did not answer my question'' and I
kept on asking and asked: 'Did she pluck flowers from your garden or any leaves thereof got damaged by herself?'

'Nothing she did', answered the king

'So why you behaved like this, you should know that such a cruel behaviour with a child is a crime'.

The king told that he really felt very sorry.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above letter made my granddaughter extremely happy.

There is a little more to this narrate. Actually when she told a bad king scolded her, my heart  started bleeding. I thought that the king might be me, because that very day I actually scolded her for her naughty deeds.

My granddaughter relieved me saying, 'It was not you Nina, It was the king because he had the crown on his head'. Later I came to knew that after receiving the letter my granddaughter became very happy that she repeatedly kept asking the elder ones of the house to read the letter for her again and again.

But yet till date at the back of my mind I actually think the bad king was me and what she experienced in her dreams was just a mere reflection of my scolding that day..

I love you my baby.. I'm sorry for that day

No comments:

Post a Comment