Tuesday 12 April 2016

Paranormal

Supernatural stories attracts people of all age and gender. Since ancient times
people fascinates on supernatural things. People love to be scared by the thrilling stories. I do not believe in paranormal things like ghosts, fairies, zombies or any other other worldly entities. But I love to listen to the mysterious stories and love to watch movies on such topics. My body and hair stand up, and my heartbeat becomes faster. I am going to narrate a mysterious thing that I witnessed together with my mother..

Its a true incident and I do not have any explanation of it. It was the year 1972 and I was at in my twenties. During a vacation that year my parents intended to visit our village home and i accompanied them. The village was far far away from the city and was devoid of any modern amenities like electricity and direct water supply etc. With the sunset the whole community used to plunged into complete darkness.

After whole day travelling by the time we reached near to the bazaar set at the vicinity of the village it was already very dark. It was mid summer and there was no breeze at all. Most of the shops were about to close down for the evening and some already shut down. Luckily we could buy some sweets from the sweetshop.

Our village home was just about a mile away from the market. After proceeding few yards we felt the dark. The moon was casting a very feeble light. It was even hard to see what laid ahead or even the winding pathway. Luckily my father brought a torchlight with him and that became handy to help us keep walking.

We formed up to walk in a line and follow my father's lead with me being the last one in the troop. We walked on top of a very narrow isle rising between recently harvested paddy fields. We could spot different localities by patches of faint lantern lights trying to spear through the darkness. The walk felt like an endless venture..

I was carrying the sweets in my hand suddenly I heard a foot step just behind me.. I felt somebody's presence. I thought it might be a local dweller returning from the market. I looked behind and could not see anybody. I thought maybe I heard wrongly and I continued to walk. Shortly afterwards I again started to feel someone's presence behind me. I started feeling scared and ice-cool wave shivered down my spine. Although scared but out of shyness i did not draw my parents attention thinking I might become a laughing stock later. After a while thanks to God my mother asked me if i would like to go in the middle. I happily agreed and changed place.

After walking another quarter of an hour we reached our family graveyard which marks the boundary of our village. After reaching our dwelling I forgot everything about the weird feelings left behind.

But after several days I shared the story with my mother. With big eyes and breathlessly she listened to the story and said she also had the same feelings that evening after she switched her position and moved to the end of the line. Later, we shared our experience with our relatives. They told actually almost halfway of the path there is a tomb..

We came to the conclusion that ghostly presence picked up on us and followed as we had been carrying sweets. And when we reached near the family graveyard it might have been that our spirits of our ancestors from the graveyard chased the unearthly follower away..

Still to date I do not have any explanation of this whole experience..

No comments:

Post a Comment